Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Signs for Dummies!
I embrace the entirety of the english language. Which is a lady like way of saying I dont have a lady like mouth. I'm mostly Irish and my Grandfather was a sailor, at least I come by it honestly. I have been working on at least not taking the Lord's name in vain. Not as easy as it sounds, I am a professional gutter-mouth. Getting ready for church last Sunday I did it again. I forget what my dog did this time but it earned a colorful string of profanity. I immediately looked up and said "sorry!" I finish getting ready, get the kids up and ready and we stop off at Carl's Jr. for breakfast. We don't have enough time to go in, so we are sitting in the parking lot inhaling our food looking out at the freeway off ramp. Off the freeway comes a bright yellow version of soap in the mouth. Painted accross the entirety of this trailer is "Jesus Christ is Lord, not a swear word". Well, I don't have to wonder if this is a sign from God now do I? I looked toward the heavens and said "ok, I get it". Talk about humbling! I am proud to say that I haven't said it since. It's only Wednesday morning, but I'm proud of myself anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment