Have you ever seen, heard or read something that felt like getting hit over the head with a brick? I left church yesterday a complete wreck. The teens put on a presentation that was brilliant, a young girl loses herself in sex, money, drugs, eating disorders and suicide then fights her way back to Jesus, who was trying to get her attention and bring her back the whole time.
That girl was me. I have been so foolish to think I was alone, not alone in being the only person to go through such things, but forgetting that Jesus has been there with me through everything. Trying to get my attention, giving me the courage and the strength to fight. I used to pride myself on my inner strength, but I am not that strong. I feel ashamed that I have taken so long to realize, and so grateful that I am forgiven anyway. So I guess the question is how do I show my appreciation and humility to the creator of appreciation and humility? I don't know the answer to that, but I'm gonna try anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment